February 17, 2016
World Day of Orofacial Myofunctional Science – Part 1
World Day of Orofacial Myofunctional (OM) Science
Today is World Day of Orofacial Myofunctional Science.The day set aside to highlight the strides OM has made in the scientific literature to support clinicians world wide. This two hour special is in two halves because it is a little over two hours in total. The first half of the experience includes Joy Moeller of AOMT Shirley’s mentor and teacher. Joy introduces the concept of OMT and the current science that has erupted interpenetrating the far reaching benefits of OM treatment. Joy’s comments are peppered throughout the rest of the program from the spontaneous conversation she and Shirley had during the recording session.
Dr. Hazelbaker talks about infants and tongue-tie. Then Diane Bahr talks about how food choices develop from using the mouth or exploring. Below is the full rundown of speakers with links to their extended interviews.
- Joy Moeller – Principal Academy of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy
- Alison Hazelbaker – Hazelbaker Lactation Institute
- Diane Bahr – Ages and Stages Feeding Expert
- Lecia Paskay – President of Academy of Advanced Myofunctional Science
- Dr. Denise Dewald – Pediatrician
- Judith Dember-Paige – practicing orofacial myofunctional therapist
- Patricia Brinkman – practicing orofacial myofunctional therapist
- Marge Foran– practicing orofacial myofunctional therapist
- Dr. Michael Gelb, Dr. Howard Hindin – co-founders American Academy of Physiological Medicine and Dentistry Foundation
- Marc Moeller – Executive Director Academy of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy and acting ED of Academy of Advanced Myofunctional Science